Don’t know what to do with your life? Do some geology.
10. Life is short, so you might as well do something interesting with it.
9. You will always have something more interesting to talk about at a party than the weather.
8. Your professors and colleagues are often compared to Indiana Jones – even though they aren’t archaeologists.
7. Your office days consist of looking at cool stuff under a microscope, making maps, playing with Google Earth, etc.
5. It’s not always just “another day at the office”. The geologist’s office is everywhere – you could be working in the desert, mountains, beach, or rain forest – all within the same month.
4. You have the most interesting friends in the world.
3. You have access to a worldwide network of potential colleagues.
2. Your assignments take you to the dream vacations of many.
1. You will spend a lifetime working outside – all over the world.